


I really liked Lane's essay because it was about the same thing that I wrote about in my essay. It's fun to see other people's different views on the same idea. I think it is very interesting that he mentions the presidents and whether or not they are fashionable. I think the President should be the last person we should be worried about being in style. As a fan of high heels, I do agree that they are uncomfortable, but look good.
Another essay that I really liked was Anna's. Who am I, is not an easy question to answer. There is not only one answer either. The answer is complex and it takes a while to finally search and actually find who you really are. I think that when trying to explain yourself, words never account for your true "self". Anna does a good job describing the search for "thyself".
Andrew's essay about "Puzzle Pieces" can be tied onto Anna's essay, both have the same meanings. Anna's talks about finding yourself and Andrew's is about your purpose in life and how you can fulfill it. I like how Andrew makes a point to say how fragile life is and how one day it can and will be over.
Overall, the class anthology was a good read. It helped show people's different points of views on the essays we read, and the different styles of writing people also have.
No comments:
Post a Comment